måndag 25 juli 2011

My painting story.

In the middle of the 1980's my brother and I began playing role playing games. Shortly thereafter we bought some rubber molds made by Prince August in their Fantasy Wars series which allowed us to create our own metal miniatures to use in our games. My brother wasn't very interested in making any of these miniatures or in painting them but I was instantly fascinated. I loved to melt the metal, pour it into the rubber mold and see the finished model inside the rubber. I later began painting these home made models, using Humbrol's enamel colours. These enamel colours are nothing like the acrylic paints of today, as anyone who has used them will know. The old enamel paints enabled colouring of the models in one layer, but none of the fancy shading or highlighting that most models are painted with today. I made models like these and painted them like that for many years to come...

I stopped painting models in 9th grade and had a long break from miniature painting until my vacation from a job in 2003 when I suddenly had the creative urge to paint miniatures again. I bought a Dark Elf Assassin, some Dwarf Slayers, some plastic monsters, some plastic Heroquest models, a can of black spray and a set of beginner's acrylics colours. Painting miniatures with acrylic colours was a whole new world to me and I've been painting miniatures since then.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar